Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Our 2015 Christmas Card

Whenever I see a beautiful image or video, I'm always interesting in the behind the scenes. I love that what seemingly looks effortless usually comes out of chaos. This is most definitely true of this year's Christmas card.

I spotted some ugly sweaters at Target and knew I had to get one for the photo. The look on her face says it all. This dog hates wearing anything. She hated this sweater so much that she nipped at it when I took it off of her. She wore it for all of 10 minutes, so I don't feel bad. And she got a ton of treats. 

She also hates wearing her rain coat. But! She won't go outside in the rain unless she's wearing her coat. Oh my little, over dramatic terrier. 

So here's what you don't see - 

The camera is only a few inches off the ground. To get it there, I had to put it on my tripod, then put the tripod on it's side, then put it on a low box. 

I couldn't find the remote, so I had to use the 10 second timer. I'd get a treat in my hand, push the timer, run over to Charlie, plop her into position and then say "Stay. Stay. Stay. Stay..." until the camera took the photo.

Every time I moved, Charlie moved. With each try I had to reposition her.

After 20 tries, I was sweating like a maniac. 

Some photos ended up great. Others ended up like this. The brown on the bottom is from the box I had my camera on. Oops.

I do love this photo, though. It's sort of a fail, but I love it. I love all the curls in her hair. I will admit that I photoshopped out one of her nipples. What is it about nipples that makes them so weird? And it's black so it was super obvious. #awkward

This is another favorite. Maybe it's that I think this little butt is adorable, but I also just like that it is unconventional. I love that this photo is a little weird.

So I used it as my Christmas card. Well, one of them. I couldn't decide on just one photo, so I went with three options. I gave this one to the people that I knew would love how weird it is. 

This is card number 2. This one is a little more traditional. Along with many other people, I gave this one to Cameron and Hannah. Charlotte sent me a video of Hannah opening the card. I think she was really thrown off by Charlie in a sweater. She basically didn't recognize Charlie. Once she figured out who was in the photo, she loved it. 

This is the last photo I chose. This one is all about the ugly sweater. This is one of the cards I gave to people who I know actually really like Charlie. Like my mom said "I like the one of her butt, but I want to see all of her." 

People that meet Charlie tend to really like her. And I've always really appreciated that. It really wonderful when the people that I love and that love me - also love my dog. This pup is a big part of my life and I really appreciate when others take an interest in her. 

So with that, I'd like to wish you very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I can't wait for 2016 and all the possibilities it holds. 

Ginner & Charlie 

No comments:

Post a Comment