Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Yello!

One year ago, I started a little venture called Yello Paper Co. It's been a fun ride and every sale is a learning process. It's not crazy busy which has been nice for me - just a few extra bucks here and there.

My favorite part of the process was taking photos. It took me awhile to figure out how to get it right and (I think) I'm finally there. Photos of banners don't make much sense unless you can see the scale.



After a few failed attempts at my own house, I bombarded Charlotte's house for a day and took photos in her living room. I love her art and all of the living things in this photo. Speaking of living things - if you look closely, you can see my pup in the reflection on the fireplace. She's very sneaky.



The white brick made a nice backdrop for the close up shots. They are much more interesting than a boring, flat, white piece of foam.



I've noticed an increase in sales and clicks since I updated the photos, too. That certainly isn't a bad thing. It's always nice to bring in a few extra bucks to offset the cost of my Target addiction. Not to mention that a West Elm outlet just opened about 45 minutes from where I live. That is dangerous territory, folks. Very dangerous territory.



The light in Charlotte's living room is really nice. I love being able to see the time of day in a photo - the temperature of the light and the angle of the shadow. Sometimes you can even see the time of year in the light. Ok, I'll admit I'm a little obsessed with light, but I can't help it!

I was recently in China on business (a statement that I'm sure raises questions, but I wont be answering them here. Sorry!). Anyway, china-business-yada-yada... I could see the difference in the light over there. It was brighter and more intense. It was beautiful. And as much as I don't love flying, it made me want to travel the world to see how the light hits the Earth differently.

I'm a nerd for light and I'm totally fine with that.


Of course, Charlie managed to wiggle her way onto Etsy. I couldn't very well crop her out when her big, cute butt is so visible in the fireplace. And let's be honest, I'm happy to have her in every photo I take.

No comments:

Post a Comment