Sunday, August 9, 2015

Summer Macro

Hello! I know it's been awhile since I posted last. I took a nice, long break. Well, I guess technically I had quit. At least, in my mind I had quit.



I've been in my house for 2 years now and things have finally started to settle down. There was a period of time when I couldn't get a break from this house falling apart. It got so bad that I started lovingly (ha, right) calling this house my lemon. I just couldn't catch a break. My time & energy was spent on keeping this place together. That sort of thing saps the creative energy right out of me.



The past few months I've been feeling myself getting lazy and boring in the evening. Instead of working on photos or projects, I worked on watching as much Netflix as I could. When you're bored with yourself, it's time to make a change.

I started brainstorming how I could get my creative energy back.  I kept coming back to this blog.



There won't be new posts here every day, but I am going to challenge myself to post at least once a week with a small project. Then maybe a few posts here and there with just photos. I was taking a few photos over the weekend for an upcoming post and it made me remember how much I love doing this.

For a fresh start, we needed a fresh look - so this little blog got a lighter, fresher look.



So here goes nothing. We're diving back in.

Oh! I started an Instagram account for this little blog. I'll make sure to post to Instagram when there's a new post here, but I'm also going to post sneak peeks and behind the scenes. And, of course, there will be a lot of Charlie showing up there. This blog doesn't exist without that little pup. And as always, you can follow along on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment