Monday, August 24, 2015

My Creativity

Creativity has become a big part of my life. It pays for my house, my car and my food. I make a living off being creative, but within a brand there are always rules. It's easy to spot an Apple store because it looks like an Apple store. They've followed the rules of the brand.

What I've learned about myself is that I need to be creative in my own way outside of work so I can stay fresh. It may sound strange, but pushing myself in another direction is really invigorating.




Wrapping gifts is one of my favorite things to do and the craft room is bursting with supplies, so I looked for inspiration in what I already own. 



A few simple supplies, 5 minutes, two songs and the gift wrap was done. 




It was fun and fast. I enjoyed the process and I like the result.

But when posting here, I began to doubt it. Is this nice? Is this new? 



The more I wrote the post, the less I liked it. It's cute, but is it boring? Is anyone going to care? After thinking it over for a day, I came to this conclusion -

It doesn't matter.





Sometimes I corner myself into thinking that every post here has to be an original thought or idea. But not every project has to be new or groundbreaking or pin-worthy. That's just not what I'm about. 

I started this blog again to help drive my creativity - to push myself to create outside of work even if it is something small. If I only posted new ideas, I'd rarely be posting and therefore I would rarely be creating.




A beautiful Saturday was spent enjoying the sunlight streaming into my craft room (the best light in the house). I listened to great music. I spent time with my camera and my favorite lenses. Though I've been shooting in manual for a few years now, I learn something new every time I shoot - another reason I've started blogging again.

No, this is not an original thought or idea. It's not groundbreaking, but I liked doing it. It's something I've seen done on Pinterest many times. I made it my own and I like the result.

And sometimes it's just about having fun and enjoying the moment. 

2 comments:

  1. A crisp, fresh, and beautiful package that anyone would be proud to receive! I believe it is ALL about the fun, the zone, the satisfaction of making. :)

    ReplyDelete