Friday, August 21, 2015

Laser Cut Silhouettes

When it comes to birthdays, my dad and I have been teaming up on gifts a lot lately. I work on the design and he makes it all happen. 

Our current favorite gift idea is laser-cut metal. We are constantly brainstorming new ways to use it.



The first time we made something together with laser-cut metal was this silhouette of Zack. We also used it for a quilt ladder that my dad made for my mom. My dad has also used it on a few other projects. 




This time around, we used it for silhouettes of my two favorite kiddos. We came up with the idea as a birthday gift for my mom. So, of course, I had to get a set for myself because I just love these little faces so much.

The original designs were actually made for Charlotte. I made a silhouette of Cam when he was 2, so I made one for Hannah's 2nd birthday. A few adjustments were needed to make them work in this layout, but they are mostly the same design.



When I hang art that means a lot to me, I tend to hang it where it will be seen often. The wall space in this little casa is pretty packed, so these adorable little faces ended up in the bathroom.

It might seem a little strange to hang them there, but the contrast between the blue & white is just perfect. Plus, I will definitely see them often. There are days when I'm never in the dining room or craft room, but not a day goes by that I'm not in the bathroom.



The detail on these things is pretty incredible. If you look closely, you can see all the little spikes in Cam's hair. We are all very happy with how they turned out.

Is it weird that I want a set for every room in my house? Don't answer that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment