Friday, August 14, 2015

Cross Stitch Charlie and Me

Back in May, the fam and I went on a short vacation. We took a long weekend to go to a cabin and just relax. I love taking little projects with me when I go on vacation.

After browsing Pinterest, I came across this Stitch People book.

It was a really fun project to do. The book comes with so many options. All you have to do is pick a hair style, face, shirt, pants and shoes. You wouldn't believe how many options there are!





There are quite a few options for pets, but there aren't any Border Terriers in the book so I had to improvise on Charlie a little bit. I think she turned out pretty cute.



Simple cross stitch patterns are the most fun to me - I love that it's detailed, but also a little mindless. I don't have to put all of my attention into it. That's always a plus because I like to watch TV while I work. It's hard to focus on Booth and Brennan when I'm focusing all of my attention on one thing.



My mom taught me how to cross stitch when I was little so she's my go to expert when I have questions. She taught me to always keep the stitches going the same direction. And now that I'm taking these close up photos I'm really glad I followed her advise.



The whole design is about 3 inches tall. I love how small and understated it is. It looks great hanging in the stairway with the art I've collect over the past few years.



I hung it next to this masterpieces that my favorite boy and I made together.



When it's all said and done, I'm always thankful that no one can see the back. From the back, you would think I worked on this while riding a mechanical bull. We'll stick with the front where it looks like I know exactly what I'm doing and never make mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment