Saturday, October 4, 2014

My Cozy Home

Fall is finally here.  You know how I know?  It smells like fall.  The air is crisp and cold.  It's absolutely delightful.


The sun is setting early and I have to actually turn on lights.  It's a bit of a bummer because I do miss the sun. But I must admit that I love the cosy feeling of my home at night.



This star started as a Christmas decoration.  I hung it in my front window with plans to take it down after the holidays.  It never came down.  I fell in love with the glow and warmth. 



For the past year, I've been collecting frames and art for the hallway.  This wasn't a project that I wanted to start small and slowly build.  I wanted everything before I hung anything.  After a lot of sweat and (if I'm honest) a little swearing, I had managed to get enough nails into the wall to hang everything.  Thats the wall I share with my neighbor... I think it's made of steel.



My calendar from 1canoe2 has been my favorite piece of art in the living room. Esther got it for me last Christmas and I've been smitten ever since.  It's more a piece of art than a calendar.  It will definitely be up past the new year.  I'm not gonna lie, this calendar has made me super excited for November.  That's my favorite design and I cannot wait to see it on my wall.



This is Charlie's spot.  It's where she always ends up when I'm moving around the first floor.  When she sits in that exact spot, she can see me no matter what room I'm in.  It's her fave carpet spot.



I hate ceiling lights.  I feel like I'm under a spotlight.  It's weird and I don't like it.  I have two lights on my side table and they are the only lights I use in the dining room.  Those two lights along with 2 candles are the perfect atmosphere for dinner.

Random fact about me - I eat dinner at the table every night and I light the candles every night.  Eating dinner while sitting on the couch is the worst.  It's too messy.  So I eat dinner at the table every night and I light the candles every night.  It's just what I do.




Esther got me this lucite G for my birthday.  I'm just a little bit obsessed with it. 



The light under the microwave is always on the low setting in the evenings.  Maybe I'm weird (well, we all know I'm weird) but I've found that I don't turn a lot of lights on at night.  This light under the microwave is pretty much all I need.  Plus, with only a low light on, I can't see how dirty my kitchen is.



As usual, photo time ended with a play session.  This dog is obsessed with this cone.  It's been her favorite toy since she was little.  It's amazing that after 6 years it's still her favorite toy.  That reminds me, I'm out of cones, I need to order more soon. 

I hope you have a wonderful October full of apples and sweaters and bon fires. 



2 comments:

  1. Do you happen to know where Esther got that lucite G? Weird question sorry! It's just so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There! She got it at C Wonder. I was going to send you a link, but their website says they've closed the e-commerce business. I hope that helps! -Virginia

      Delete