Sunday, February 16, 2014

That Doggie in the Window

You've probably seen that the east coast is almost completely covered in snow.  I do love the snow, but my arms and back do not. I had planned to spend my sunday running errands, but the lack of plowed parking spots has caused people to get creative - I am currently parked in with a truck blocking about 2 ft of my driveway.  That wouldn't seem like a big deal, except that I only shoveled enough for my car to fit through.



So instead of going to church and getting some errands done, I am stuck at home.  This has forced me to clean and I am not happy about it!  But Charlie loves having me home and I love being home with my pup.



I took a walk to the local park to take some photos, only to realize I had left my memory card in my computer.  Yay.  By the time I made it home, I was too tired from traipsing through snow to go back out again.



So instead, I photographed my pretty pup.  It's hard to photograph Charlie with my macro lens, but I do love the challenge.  I love getting to focus on all the little things about her that I love and that others may not see.  Like her beard.  I love her beard, the curls in her hair when it gets long and all the different colors in her hair.



Her new favorite spot in the house is the top of the couch.  The couch has been in this location since I moved in and she's been put in that spot many times to get her to realize how perfect it is.



But she's a terrier.  Terriers are basically the middle child of the dog world.  They don't do anything you want them to do.  It has to be their idea.



Well, Charlie has finally figured out how to get up there and now it's her new favorite spot.  Her Deb even made her a cushion to help keep her comfy.




She loves her new spot.



This dog bed wandered into the house from my mom's car.  I dropped it in the living room until I can get it back to Mom.  I think Charlie missed it.  She's been sleeping it in a lot.



I bought this bed for her when she was a pup and she loved it so much that we got an extra for my mom and dad's house.  Mom and I have both kept them in our cars for when Charlie is riding along.



It seems a little small for napping, but Charlie doesn't seem to mind.

2 comments:

  1. "Terriers are basically the middle child of the dog world. They don't do anything you want them to do. It has to be their idea." Truer words were never spoken! My Jack Russell fits that description to a tee. Your Charlie sure is a cutie. I love all the details you're able to capture with your camera. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris :) I can't even imagine having a Jack Russell! They are too smart!

      Delete