Wednesday, January 15, 2014

House Warming Planning

It's time to take the plunge.  It's time to finally have a house warming party.  There are so many excuses for putting it off, but I've picked the day and now it's time to check things off the list.

There's aren't many projects left to finally whip this house into shape, but here are a few things I've come up with:



The living room is half done.  Aspects of the living room are done and I'm happy with the results.  But others are lacking and stare me in the face everyday.  Like the big space in the corner between the couch and the chair.  It's huge, like I-could-host-a-party-in-that-corner huge.  It has really stumped me.

Living room (and hallway) list:
1. put up curtains
2. figure out to do with the giant empty space between the couch and the chair
3. finish new TV stand
4. paint window trim
5. put up chandelier in hallway
6. put on new door nob



The dining room is pretty much done at this point.  I just have a few touch ups to do here and there.  Plus, there's a lot of clutter that needs to be organized.

Dining room list:
1. clean out the clutter
2. touch up holes
3. Paint the windows




The craft room is also pretty much done. It's just a matter of organizing and storing my supplies.

Craft room list:
1. paint the windows
2. oganize/hide supplies



The kitchen is the only room that requires some major changes.  Unfortunately, I can't do them by myself and my dad is still recovering from a broken wrist.  But! I have a plan - supervised work.  I need to learn to do it myself anyway, right?  As long as Dad is there to show me how it's done, I think I can handle most of the work.

Kitchen list:
1. spackle and paint "backsplash"
2. put up chandelier
3. Paint windows



With the purchase of two shower curtains (finally) the bathroom only has two things left on the list!

Bathroom list:
1. paint window
2. touch up paint on light
oh and -
3. clean, clean, clean.  Remind me again why I chose white everything?




The bedroom is the most ignored room in the house.  I'm only in there to get dressed and sleep, so it doesn't get a lot of my attention.  The list in this room could go on for days, but it'll stay short and sweet for now.

Bedroom list:
1. paint windows
2. put up curtains

Let's not even talk about the yard.  The yard doesn't get a list because it would be never ending.  I'm just hoping we get a freak snow storm the day of the party - just enough to cover the yard so no one can see it.

You might have noticed that every room's list has "paint windows".  This is something I hope will happen, but I don't think I'll get it all finished. It's hard to motivate myself to do something that will turn the house upside down.

I'm excited for the party and also nervous. I'm skeptical that I'll make a good hostess.  Thankfully, Esther, Char and Mom will be around to help with that and tell me what to do.  That's what family is for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment