Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year

Hello! 2013 was great, right?  But it's old news now!  2014 is the new black.

I'm looking forward to a new year.  I'm not big on resolutions, but I have a few in mind.  In no particular order –

Resolution #1: Take more photos (of things/persons other than Cam and Han)
It's been months since I've gone on a walk just to take photos. I often blame this on the light. When I get home for work, it's already dark pitch black. But ya know, that's just an excuse. I own a tripod and the dark is just another challenge. Plus, the days are getting longer!

Resolution #2: Get out more
I'm a homebody. I'm shy. I'm introverted. Instead of spending my weekends with netflix and a project. I need to spend more time with friends. I'm not good at it, but I'm going to try.

Resolution #3: Be more involved in my community
I've recently moved to a new town. I've found a church that I love. It's time to really be apart of my community. I would love to join a committee or group or something - anything to be more involved. I'm not quire sure where to start, but I'll figure it out.

Resolution #4: Be a better house keeper
My house and my mess is a never ending struggle for me.  Instead of taking 10 minutes to do that dishes, I choose to do something more fun. This house is my responsibility and I need to do a better job of keeping it clean. I think this will help me be more spontaneous and invite people over more.

Looking back at that list it actually seems a little daunting. Not #1 or #4, but 2 and 3 freak me out a little bit. Numbers 2 and 3 are far out of my comfort zone, but that's what makes them good resolutions right?

Are you making resolutions this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment