Friday, December 13, 2013

O Holy Night Banner

This holiday season has been full of fun projects.  A few weeks ago, I spotted this pin on Pinterest and I immediately fell in love.  It bumped right to the top of my to-do list.

I knew I wanted to make a banner, but it look me awhile to decide on what my banner should say.  I ended up going with "O Holy Night".  It turned out to be a good choice because I absolutely love that song.  It's a song that I really don't mind having stuck in my head, which is good because that happens every time I see the banner.




To make this banner, I used paper bag paper from Paper Source (that's a lot of paper for one sentence).  I got the bulk pack on sale a few weeks ago and have found so many uses for it.  The original plan was to use a brightly colored floss (aka - embroidery thread), but I knew white would be a safe choice that could last for the next few Christmases.




To incorporate the bright pink I've been using this season, I used leftover mason line from my Christmas card holder to hang the banner.




Not gonna lie, this was not a fast project.  Because I can be a little bit of a perfectionist, I didn't want to punch the holes with the needle by hand. I wanted them to be exact and perfect.  So I used illustrator to create the layout for every letter.

Once that was done, I used my silhouette to cut each hole.  It's incredible what that machine can do.  Each hole is about this size of this o.  Believe it or not, they all were cut out perfectly.  



Once each piece was cut out, I got comfy on the couch with my pup and the latest and greatest on tv.  Then came the easy part - "sewing" the letters.

Speaking of tv, did you watch the latest episode of Chicago Fire?  Oh. my. goodness.  The suspense is killing me and it's not back on until January!  #icantwait


There are only a few more days until Christmas.  I think I finally have gotten everything on my list.  Now it's time to button up the lose ends and get it all ready.  I can't wait to start wrapping it and put it all under my tree!

I'm especially excited to give Cam his present.  Charlotte asks us to only get him one thing, so this year I tried to be really thoughtful with my gift.  I hope he likes it.  Sorry, I can't tell you what it is, because it's sort of a surprise for Charlotte, too.  Don't worry, I'll tell you after Christmas.

Have a wonderful and (if you're in eastern pa) snowy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment