Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Dinner Party Bar

At this point, you're probably sick of hearing about my dinner party projects, but this is the last post, I promise.  I just had so much fun with it that I have to share it all!



The bar area was set up on the hutch.  A pitcher for water, ice bucket, straws and some wine glasses were all we needed.





The straws are my favorite.  I really love paper straws.  They get soggy after awhile, but they are so fun.



Just like the drinking glasses, I used my silhouette machine to cut gold vinyl for the wine glasses.  They all say "cheers" in different languages.

Swedish - skål
German - prost
French - sante
Spanish - salud
Hebrew - l'chaim
Thai - chai-yoi
Italian - cin cin (or salute)

I actually got one of them wrong, which I'm just realizing as I write this.  One of my glasses says "chin chin", which I thought was the Italian word for cheers (that would be "cin cin").  I think "chin chin" is actually Spanish.



They were a big hit and we had fun trying to pronounce skål correctly.  I liked them so much I might make it permanent.  But then, I do love having the option to change what they say depending on the occasion.

There were 8 people at the party and I only had 7 wine glasses.  Esther gave me a great idea to get just one more - go to Goodwill.  Perfect!  Instead of paying $30 for four more glasses, I paid $1 for just one glass.  I do love a good deal!

Ok, that is the end of the dinner party posts.  I better start browsing Pinterest for more ideas.  Since I used all of them on this party, I need new ideas for the next one!

2 comments:

  1. I have not used a paper straw for so long! I remember as a kid trying to drink a milkshake with a paper straw. Doesn't work too well!!! They collapse and it takes a few before you get to the bottom of the glass! I didn't even know you could get paper straws any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh. What color paint is that hutch? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete