(Side note - You might be wondering why I still don't have light switch covers. Since I have blank spaces, I have to get special covers. They aren't easy to find.)
Back to the decorations...
this photo that I saw on Pinterest. I wrapped the tissue paper around some dowels I had leftover from a previous project and finished it off with washi tape.
This was another simple little DIY project.
During one of my evening walks with Charlie, I collected a few fallen branches. Between trick-or-treaters, I painted the branches white. Spray paint would have been much faster, but I didn't have any, so I just brushed it on. It would look better with more branches, but I ran out of paint.
There are a lot of tutorials on pinterest for the tassels - the one I found said to use a hot glue gun to secure the twist at the top. I'm not a big fan of glue guns, so I used washi tape instead.
Add this to the "wonderfully simple and cheap project" list. It's been the theme of my projects lately. I try to use what I have on hand and not spend a lot of extra money. Not gonna lie, it's not easy - it's always fun to buy new supplies, even though it's not always frugal.
For all the decorations at the party (cups, favors, tassels, flowers, placemats, branches), I only purchased a pack of tissue paper and the paper for the favor boxes. All totaled, I spent about $13. Most of that goes to the large pack of tissue paper I bought. There's a ton of that leftover, so I would guess I spent around $7.
Decorating for this party was really fun. I need to schedule another one! Plus, it's also