Monday, October 7, 2013

The Living Room Closet

There are still a few places left in my house that are completely out of control.  One of those places was the closet in my living room. It's been a catch-all of random junk since I moved in.  It was also the place I stashed things when I had visitors.  I'm still working on having a place for everything.



Guess who finally got cable?!  This girl!  I'm so excited.  My promotional price on internet was running out anyway, so for $5 more a month I can have both internet and cable.  I've had it for one full day and I've spent most of that day doing random chores while watching an SVU marathon.  Now I remember how dangerous cable is!  If you don't hear from me in a few days, send in a search party.

Anyway, the point of that photo was to show you where my shoes have been living since I moved in.  I have a shoe organizer in my bedroom that's filled with shoes, but I always wear the same few pairs.  Since there is no room for them in the closet, they've ended up by the tv.



To get started on this project, everything had to come out of the closet.  I was really surprised to see how much stuff I had shoved in there - curtain rods, field hockey sticks, yogo mat, picture frames, zack's cleats, a childhood toy, door knobs, shows, frames, board games, charlie's coat (don't tell me you're surprised), scarves, blankets, shelves.  Seriously, there was a lot in that closet.



With a little help from an Ikea shoe rack, I finally got my shoes in the closet.

Most of the stuff in the closet needed to be relocated. I've got stacks of frames in the living room and the dining room table is full of stuff to go into the basement.  Thats another space that needs to be reorganized, but we'll leave that for another day.




It's not a huge triumph to have a clean closet, but it feels pretty good.

My #1 goal in this house is to keep it free of clutter.  With such a big basement, it will be easy to just throw things down there instead of really staying organized.  But hopefully that won't happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment