Wednesday, September 25, 2013

New Knobs for the Bathroom

The bathroom has been getting the bulk of my attention these days.  I have loads of frames ready to hang in the living room and dining room, but I can't commit to anything.  Each time I decide where I want something, I change my mind.  So until I can finally make a decision, I'm leaving it all alone.

The knobs on this vanity are the standard ikea knobs.  I seem to buy a lot of their Hemnes furniture (I love the style of it) and every piece comes with the same knobs.  I always buy the furniture knowing that I will be replacing the knobs.  They are just so blah.

During my last trip to Anthropologie, I found these babies and fell in love immediately.

They are so warm.  They color of the knobs is a perfect match the gold foil in the artwork.  I also have some ideas on how to incorporate this color into the bathroom in other ways, but I'm still working out the details.

“Have nothing in your house you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.” - William Morris

I love that quote.  I need knobs on my vanity, but I did not find the first ones beautiful.  Adios standard knobs, hello golden beauties.

Oh my goodness.  I just notice the toilet paper on the sink.  Dang it.  Is that in every photo?  I haven't decided where to put a TP holder, so the roll just kinda gets thrown around depending on where I'm cleaning or taking photos.  Obviously, I wasn't very careful where I put it.  Haha, oh well! 

I like how they look from the hallway as well.  They are much more interesting than what was there before.  Charlie approves.  She's also loving our new Target rug.  It's so comfy.  My feet also love it.

My baby got a hair cut recently.  Don't her ears look so pretty?  Love this pup.

The bathroom is looking really nice!  It's still missing a few things I think.  There's something it needs to make it feel a little cozier, but I just can't put my finger on it.

Also, I finally just gave in and bought standard sized shower curtain liners.  Now that I know that size works, I can start looking for a nice shower curtains.

Here's another look at the old bathroom.

Oy.  This makes me shudder.

This photo perfectly demonstrates the reason that I can't decide where to put the toilet paper holder.  The first thing I see when I look at this photo is the toilet paper.  That is most certainly not the first thing I want people to see when they walk into my bathroom.

Maybe I can hide it on the backside of the tub?

To get that last image out of your head, let's taking another look at what the bathroom looks like now.  Quite a difference!  It's a joy to use this bathroom every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment