Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Art for the Bathroom

Believe it or not, it's been 6 months since I bought my home.  6 months!  It's been a wonderful 6 months and it's just flown by.  It's about time I started decorating the bathroom.

Thanks to some birthday money from Est, I finally bought frames for some artwork I've had laying around.  And that artwork finally made it into the bathroom.



I bought this print last year.  It's by Melanie Linder, who has recently closed her shop to be a full time mom.  That must have been a hard decision, but I'd be willing to bet she's loving it.  I'm glad I have two of her prints.

Let's just pretend that little scratch isn't there.  Ok?  Thanks.  Perfect.  Yes, we're going to pretend I didn't scratch that pretty blue wall with the corner of that frame.  This conversation never happened.  Moving on...



On the other side of the bathroom are two prints from Emily Ley (these are still on sale btw).  You saw these last week in this post.  The gold foil in the prints is so warm and cozy.  I love how it pairs with the navy blue on the walls.  It also looks really nice with the knobs I got for the vanity (more on that tomorrow).

The problem I keep running into in this bathroom is the size.  It's a perfect size as far as using it goes, but it's so so tiny when it comes to taking photos.  I had to switch from my 35mm to my kit lens (yuck) which goes to 18mm.  I get a better photo of this small space, but it distorts the photos terribly.  Lightroom can fix some, but not all of the photos.




For example, take a look at this photo.  I had the tripod in the tub in an attempt to grab a photo of the frames side by side.  The wall looks like it's bubbling in the middle.   Have you ever seen a fish eye photo?  This can be a really cool effect, if it's what you're going for.  Even with adjustments in Lightroom, this photo just couldn't be saved.




At first, I second guessed putting all of these lovely prints in the bathroom, but this is quickly turning out to be my favorite room.  Maybe, just maybe, I'll be brave enough to try a bold color in another room.

Yeah, let's be honest, that'll never happen.  I love me them gray walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment