Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Walk with a Friend

Whenever Mel and I get together we talk, laugh, get serious and just generally have a wonderful time.  We share a lot of interests and passions - one of the main passions being photography.  We're both novice photographers learning as we go.  Mel has recently started doing a lot of photo shoots for engagements, birthdays and weddings.  She's pretty freaking awesome.

We love to learn together, so we hit up a local park last time she was here.



First things first, we headed to the best crepe place around.  Taste of Crepes is a wonderful little restaurant.   My crepe was so good.  Mel and I were very full by the time we left.


Then we headed to Gring's Mill for a walk in the sun and some quality time with each other and our cameras.








This is one of my favorite photos from the day.  I saw Mel taking this shot and I just had to copy her.



I'm so thankful for a 100mm macro lens.  The zoom is very helpful in situations such as these - when the surrounding flowers are covered in bees.  I don't have to get too close to get the photos I want.  At some point in my life, I hope I get over my fear of bees.  No, I'm not allergic.  Yes, I run screaming.  I just can't help it.



It was a beautiful day.  Can't wait to do it again, Mel!

1 comment:

  1. I love the one of the camera sticking up in the tree to get a shot. These are really good photos!

    ReplyDelete