Friday, August 16, 2013

Say Cheese!

Two weekends ago, Kristin and Katie were over for the evening for some quality hang out time.  We wanted to try something new for dinner, so we headed to Say Cheese! in West Reading.  Anything with "cheese" in the name is ok in my book!




This was my first attempt at taking a photo of the restaurant.  Photo bomb provided by Kristin.



Second attempt: well played, Katie.



My third attempt was finally a success.

Say Cheese! Restaurant and Cheese is a retail artisan cheese shop.  Their websites says they carry 40-60 artisan cheeses.  Forty to sixty cheeses?  Sign me up!  Is there such a thing as a Cheese of the Month club?  Oh cheese, how I love you.

Aside from being a home for cheese, they are also a restaurant.



We shared the fondue for an appetizer and it was delicious.  The cheese wasn't too heavy and wasn't too filling, so we still had room for our entrees.  Katie and Kristin were raving about the potato fritters that came with the fondue.  I was almost sure they were going to cancel the salads they had ordered and opt for more fritters, but they didn't.

I ordered the cream of the crop, the king of all cheese dishes, an American favorite - the 4 Cheese Mac & Cheese, which included fontina, gruyere, aged cheddar & mascarpone.  Oh. my. goodness.  It was amazing.  Normally mac and cheese is super creamy and heavy, but this mac and cheese was perfect.  It tasted amazing and was light and delicious.  Seriously. I want it right now.

I'm no food critic (obviously) but if you're a cheese lover - you will love the mac & cheese at Say Cheese!.

psst - This is not a sponsored post.  We went there for dinner, had wonderful food and a wonderful experience, so I wanted to share it with you.  If you're local, you need to check it out.




They had great food and such nice decor.  It was cozy and warm.




We were in the mood for some ice cream, so we asked our waitress where we could get some good soft serve.  Honestly, I have no idea where we ended up.  All I know is that Rainbow Bright left her horse there.  The setting was a little strange, but the ice cream was delicious!



Kaite kicked my butt at checkers.  I wish I could say that my poor skills were due to not having played the game in years, but the truth is - I suck at checkers.  Kristin felt bad for me and started helping, but it was too late.

It was so wonderful to hang out with these amazing girls.  I love when we get to have new experiences together and it was especially nice to support a local business!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun outing and some good food...unfortunately, cheese and I don't get along very well!

    ReplyDelete