Thursday, August 1, 2013

Kitchen Upgrade

YES. Finally. Hurray!

My dad is amazing.  He did this in one weekend.  Can you believe that?  New countertops, sink, faucet, installing a dishwasher and moving cabinets -  in. one. weekend.

Yes, he is amazing.



 
Goodbye maroon, hello black!  I wasn't the biggest fan of black countertops, but that was the best I could find on my budget, so that's what I got.




Boy have I ever changed my tune.  I'm LOVING them.  Aside from being 100 times better than the maroon, they make my stuff look nice.



It's hard to pick which improvement project has been my favorite, but the sink and faucet are definitely up there on the list.

No longer am I squirted with water every time I turn the faucet on.  I bought a sink that has two different size basins and it's been really nice.  My pans fit in the large basin much better and the smaller basin is perfect for the little hand dishes I do.

As you can see, we still have some work left to do, but that will be done at a later date.  I think my dad deserves a little break.  I'm starting to feel like a slave driver.



I can't even describe how wonderful it's been having this done.  Now I just need to get the rest of the house in shape.



Also wasn't a huge fan of the speckles, but I'll tell you what - they hide everything.  It's great!

To be honest, I think I wasn't originally a fan of the black because it doesn't go with my "dream kitchen" plans.  Someday many of the things in this room will change, but that is at least 5 years away.  This is a perfect temporary fix and I'm very happy with it.



Isn't she a beaut?  It's a touch faucet from Delta and I'm in love.  The touch feature has been great and the sprayer pulls out as easy as can be.   Me likey.  Cam also loved it.  It took him like five seconds to figure out - I'm sure that will be a good thing and a bad thing.



Getting a taller faucet has been really nice.  I was constantly bumping dishes into the shorter faucet.  It didn't make it any better that I knew I had this lady waiting for me.  Each time a dish bumped into the faucet, I though I can't wait until I have my new faucet.



But, ya know what? I wont have to worry about that anymore - guess who got a dishwasher?


This dork (points thumbs at self).  I love it.  I even posed for a blurry-dog-held-hostage photo with it.  There's one piece I need to get to make sure the drain tube doesn't disconnect from the drain pipe - so I haven't actually used it yet.  Dad said it would be fine, but I could tell he wanted me to get that piece first and I don't want to risk it.

It's even been fun just to load it.  Having dirty dishes out of sight is the best and it's even better knowing  I don't have to clean them.

Next steps for the kitchen:
– patch drywall
– paint
– door knobs & pulls

Short-term goals:
– tile backsplash
– new floor
– board & batten by back door
– bench by back door

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it! I want that faucet. Your kitchen was not bad before but the changes just really made it high-end. Love the counters. In other words...great kitchen!

    ReplyDelete