Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Photobomber

This dog of mine is an expert photobomber.  I set up a shot, snap the photo and when I look at the photo, I spot a tale, ear, butt, paw, head or the whole dog.  She can't just sit in one place while I'm moving around a room, she has to move with me.



I've long since given up waiting for her to move, get comfortable or look adorable.  If I waited for that, taking photos would take all day.  I'm going to take the photo when I'm ready, even if she does look headless.



For this shot, I even tried taking a second photo - she still managed to get her butt in it.



Part of the reason I don't care is because I love this pup and I'm glad she hangs out with me.  Go ahead, Charlie Girl, photobomb all you want.




She has loved having "her" chair at my house.  She knows it's her place.  When I park myself at my desk, she snuggles up in her chair.  Having this comfy place for her to relax is probably the only reason she hangs out with me in this room.  My baby is a huge bed snob and she won't sleep just anywhere.





This set up happened Sunday morning before church.  There were a lot of people walking around outside and I figured she'd like to watch while I was gone.  Oh the things we do for our dogs, am I right?  This setup isn't permanent by any means, but I am working on a permanent solution.  If you have any ideas let me know!

She loves to sit and watch the outside world.  In fact, she'd rather be inside looking out that actually be outside.  At this point in the year, that has a lot to do with the weather.  It's too hot for her and for me.  So, so hot and humid.  Gotta love pa summers.

4 comments:

  1. "Virginia & Charlie" just wouldn't be the same without her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog for about a year now, and I just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying it. Your job transition (I am a teacher), your new house, Charlie...it's all joyful :-).

    My German Shepherd loves to sit on the storage bench my husband built last summer to house all of my fabric. It's about 5 feet long and is exactly the height of the windowsill in the dining room, so it stretches perfectly across the double windows in there. It is an ideal watching spot for her. At first I had aspirations that it would be a project bench for me and I could put partially-finished sewing projects and extra supplies on top of it, but Angel had other plans. I tried to chase her off time after time, but after a while I just gave up. She has obviously claimed it as her spot, and she loves being in there with me as I work, so it's all good. Maybe Charlies just needs to choose her own spot, and that's that :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! Thanks for reading my blog :) I'm so glad you enjoy reading it.

      Your dog, Angel, sounds like such a sweetheart! My grandma had a german shepherd at one time and she was the sweetest dog. I'm so glad Angel is your sewing companion! The window bench sounds amazing! I bet she loves having a spot of her own in your sewing area. Charlie has a lot of spots she has claimed :) haha a spot in every room. She still hasn't quite picked her craft room spot, but I'm sure she will soon.

      Thanks so much for saying hello! This comment really made me smile. I love hearing about other peoples furbabies :) -Virginia

      Delete