Wednesday, July 3, 2013

New Bedside Lamps

This little lamp is from West Elm.  I stalked it for months, just waiting for it to go on sale.  When it finally went on sale, I snatched it up.  It has lived in my bedroom ever since.

I still love this lamp, but it just wasn't working for my bedroom.  My new bedframe raised my bed about 5 inches, which makes this lamp seem even smaller.



Plus, I didn't have a matching lamp, so the other side of the bed seemed empty and made the room feel unbalanced.

You'll notice that Charlie appears randomly throughout this post.  She likes to be the center of attention, but she can never stay in one spot.  What's with her tail in this photo?  Is that even comfortable?



After church on Sunday, I stopped by Target to check out their clearance section.  It's actually been really good lately.  I found two Nate Berkus lamps on sale for $15 a piece.



The original price was $50 each, so I'd say that's a pretty darn good deal.  I got both lamps and two shades for $60 - that's just $10 more than I would have paid for one lamp (shade not included).




I'm in love with the light wood.  I also love that they don't take up too much room on my nightstands. Before I took these photos I had to clear a ton of stuff off my nightstands - none of it having anything to do with home decor - dishes, water bottles, dog treats, remotes - you know, all that necessary, ugly stuff.  I need all the space I can get, so these lamps are perfect.




This is the best photo I could get with both lamps in the picture.  This is not a large room and I don't have a full frame camera, so taking photos can be tricky - but I did manage to get them both in a photo!



The lamp shades that I got are linen with metallic threads throughout.  It's really hard to see the metallic in this photo, but it's there.



And just for fun - here's the other side of the room (and a dog tail).  I usually keep the DVD player with the main tv in the living room.  The past few times I've wanted to watch one of my dvds, I've wanted to watch in bed, curled up with my pup and pinterest.  I'm going to keep it in the bedroom for awhile and see how it works.

My mom had the great idea to use those small, white ikea shelves to lift the tv and make room for the dvd player.  It's worked out really well.  Plus, I love having the tv higher since my bed is higher than it used to be.

This room is really coming together.  I can't wait to start putting things on the walls!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Where is your bedding and throw pillows from? Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krista, thanks for stopping by my blog! It's nice to hear from you :)

      The bedspread was made by my mom with fabric I found online. Sorry, I just looked for a link and couldn't find it. The pillows are from TJ Maxx.

      Thanks again! -Virginia

      Delete