Tuesday, July 2, 2013

In the Bathroom

When I took a photography class several months ago, Beira told us to pay attention to the light in our homes to find the best light for each time of day.  So that's what I've tried to do.  I've been living here for about a week and a half.  Do you know where I've found beautiful light in the evenings?  In my bathroom.  Yup, the bathroom, so I brought in the pup for a quick shoot.

At first I tried getting some good photos just by giving her the command to sit and stay.  But she knows when she's not getting anything for all of her hard work.  There was no eye contact, which wasn't terrible, but it wasn't what I had planned for the shot.

My bathroom is pretty tiny, so getting my pup to face the light meant that I had to be in the corner.  I learned that it is, in fact, possible to straddle a toilet, hold a treat and snap photos at the same time, though I wouldn't mind not doing it again.

She must have been really hungry.  You can't see it in these photos, but she was whining for that treat the entire time.  You can only torture a dog for so long, so just a few shots later she got what she wanted, but hey, so did I.

I love how she looks against the white background.  But then again, I love how she looks against any background.  I can never have too many photos of this adorable pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment