Thursday, July 4, 2013

Bedroom Lattice Rug

The first time you saw this rug, it was on the floor in the living room.  That was just a temporary home for this baby.  With a lot of sweat and some help from my dad, I moved it to it's permanent home in my bedroom.

It was no easy feat to get this sucker under the dresser and the bed, but it was worth the effort.  I love how it looks, but more importantly, I love that it doesn't move around.

Before we move on, let me explain the pjs in the window.  There is a huge gap between the ac unit and the window.  Big enough for pretty much any insect or animal to find it's way into my home.  The pjs aren't a perfect solution, but it's better than sharing my bed with a chipmunk! Also, I'm working on a way to cover up the box spring. Just wanted you to know it's not staying like that!



I don't know about you, but buying a rug might be the hardest thing I've ever done.  Well, I should say "buying a patterned rug is the hardest thing I've ever done."  Mixing patterns just baffles me - I don't understand or know the logic behind it.  This rug actually looks really nice in my bedroom - aka, I got lucky.



We all know that I hate wood floors, so having a rug in my bedroom has been really nice.  Just so you know, my wood floors don't like me much either.  I got a splinter from my bedroom floor and it took me 15 minutes to get it out.  Sheesh.



Rugs aren't cheap, so I'm always worried about buying something too trendy.  I don't want the rug to go out of style - mostly because I can't afford to switch out rugs every 6 months.


My little anthro, charlie-like door stop is finally being put to good use.  One of the joys of owning an old home - uneven walls.  The door to my bedroom shuts on its own, but hey, that's what doggie door stops are for!

ps. my House Tour has been updated! Check out the updated bedroom pics here.

2 comments:

  1. Great job mixing patterns in your bedroom! And I think I just fell in love with your bedspread... where is it from?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad you like the bedspread! My mom made my bedspread for me using some fabric I bought online. I wish I could remember the name of the fabric. I purchased it from fabricworm.com. I pinned it at the time, but now the pin just leads back to the Fabric Worm homepage - so they must not be selling it anymore. Sorry - I'm not much help! Have a great day! -Virginia

      Delete