Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Winter Day

Since my disaster with my HP desktop, things around here have gotten a significant upgrade.  It's been amazing.  I cannot even tell you how many hours I have spent on the phone with microsoft customer service and I still have a broken computer.  So, I went to the Mac store a few sundays ago just to look.  Well, it didn't take long for looking to become buying.


Isn't he handsome?  His name is Steve and we're in love.  Ok, I'm in love, but he'll come around sooner or later.  Aside from this computer being completely amazing, I love that it doens't take up a lot of room on my desk.  I like when my desk is clean and uncluttered (thankfully, you can't see my desk at this moment).

Is it weird that I enjoyed reorganizing files and folders?  It's the easiest unpacking I'll ever do.  I sit at my desk, put on the next episode of Burn Notice and start clicking and dragging.

ps. I'm going through all the seasons of Burn Notice because my tv shows are on summer break. AH! I hate summer tv break.  The worst is that my summer shows like Suits and Rookie Blue aren't even picking up the slack.  #fwp

Anyway...

It took me several hours, but eventually I went through every file I was putting onto this mac.  MANY things were deleted and all of my photos have been organized.  It is a really nice feeling.

While digging through, I found photos I took that I never had time to edit.




These photos are from January (hence the snow on the ground).  I had spent the weekend with a wonderful friend and left early Sunday morning.  I took these photos in the parking lot at the local urgent care (this was the day I found out I need an inhaler).  It might not have been the best day of my life, but I did get to see these geese moving together towards the pond.  It's pretty amazing to see birds moving together.  It's just cool, ok.





This was the last photo I got because the geese were starting to outflank me.  You can't see it here, but the geese to my right were getting a little too close and coming right towards me.  Since I didn't feel like getting attacked by 100 geese, I headed back to the car.

There's something about early morning light that is just amazing.  Also, this snow is making me wish it was winter time.  I know my mom will appreciate some winter photos in the middle of our heatwave!  I can't wait until it's bonfire weather.

1 comment:

  1. Those Canada Geese pictures are so neat. Cracks me up how most of them are looking in the same direction! In Fairbanks each spring they have a contest. The first person to see a Canada Goose show up in an open field in town called Creamer's Field calls in to a local radio station and wins $660. It's the annual "Goose Watch" and signals the end of a cold Alaska winter. No I've never won...I've never even tried.

    ReplyDelete