Monday, June 10, 2013

Memorial Day Fun

It's seems like weeks ago that we celebrated Memorial Day.  Oh wait.  It was.  I'm a little behind, but I'll catch up eventually (or so I keep telling myself).




We celebrated the day with family, friends and good food - the best way to celebrate everything.



And of course, my favorite pup was there.  She spent much of the evening in doors.  Her leash gets tangled up around peoples legs, chairs and kids.  Plus, she pulls like a crazy dog when she sees food that's out of her reach.  I'll just have to throw the next party at my place so she can roam freely.

This is where I tell you that this post has a TON of photos.  This is also where I tell you to click "read more" to see the rest.  Trust me - it's worth it :)







Out of nowhere, the boys started jumping over the blanket.  So, I grabbed my camera and a chair and started taking photos.  This is what happened next...









Lukey falls almost every single time.  I think it's part of his technique. Dad saw the whole thing and upped the challenge by holding up the blanket.











Cam had to get in on the action.  At only 3 years old, jumping isn't his strong suit.



But it's pretty darn cute to see him try.



Est and Dad thought it would be more fun to carry him around in the blanket.



Leia did not see this one coming.  As she was running toward the blanket, Dad and Esther caught her instead of letting her jump over.  No one saw that one coming!




Of course she didn't trust them next time around.  She got to the blanket and collapsed in laughter.


Tommy's last and final jump of the day was his biggest and he cleared it with no problem.


Of all the jumps of the day, Cam's was my favorite.


Sticking to tradition, our night ended with a bon fire and some glow stick fun.






It was a good day and a good night with good people.  Can't wait for our next picnic!

3 comments:

  1. Now I feel like I actually did something on Memorial Day...that was great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Esther's face is the best part about each photo of them jumping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really nice pictures. It seems like they enjoyed a lot on Memorial Day Fun. very nice kids

    ReplyDelete