Nope, that's not a typo. I bought a reel mower. A reel mower is a manual mower that requires no gas, no pulling to start, no getting blades stuck on roots.
|In my defense, I had no idea my dad was taking this photo.|
– At least $80 cheaper than the cheapest power mower
– requires no gas
– don't have to put a cord to start it
– weighs less than 30 lbs
– small, saves storage space
– it's easy to handle
– can't let the grass get too tall
– no extra power to help me push it up hills
– might take me longer to mow
– will need to keep the blades sharpened
While we waited for the electrician to show up, we decided to put together this mower (I don't usually mow the lawn in Toms and jeans). It's a Remington 16" Reel Mower. It took all of five minutes to get it put together and 5 seconds to start using it.
The biggest drawback is the sound this mower makes. It's pretty awful. But, it's not any louder than a regular mower, it's just such a different sound. It'll take some getting used to. So far, I'm loving this mower!
The good news is that if I ever let me my lawn get too tall, Esther's powered mower is right around the corner.