Thursday, May 9, 2013

House Update: Moving and the Bathroom

Being in the outdoors is one of my favorite things.  I love it so much that I decided to move the bathroom outside. Ha, right.  As much as I like being outside, I'd like it much more if there was no humidity, mosquitoes, and especially no bees.  I also wouldn't mind it if the temperature never went about 70.  But I live in eastern PA, so that'll never happen.

With the help of some very willing, strong, and wonderful friends - we moved my living room and craft room items to my house.  This is the view from the kitchen into the dining room.

Do you see that little doll house on top of one of the many piles? My mom made that for me when I was little.  It's awesome.  The roof flips up and the one wall zips down.  It's pretty amazing. So glad I still have it!

The dining room is packed.  I'm starting to wonder whether or not all of my junk is going to fit in this house.  Let's hope so.

The living room is also packed! So much to unpack and organize.  I usually don't like any part of the moving process - be it packing or unpacking - but I am really excited to unpack and move into my own home.

The craft room is also filling up!  Do you see why I'm worried?  Where am I going to put all of this stuff?  I'm so glad I have a basement.

In bathroom news - Dad has started on the board and batten.  Right now he's in the measure-twice-cut-once part of the process.  He's putting the main pieces together and then he's going to attach it all to the walls.  Once the main pieces are attached, he'll work on the top modeling/pictures shelf.

This is why he measures twice and cuts once. Is he good or is he good?   These pieces are ready for paint and that's where I take over.  Once they are ready, I prime them and put the top coat on so they are ready for Dad.  We are mainly painting the pieces behind the toilet ahead of time.  Once the toilet is in, we won't be able to reach.

ps. I got a new toilet.  It's awesome.  It's not my dream toilet, but hey, you can't have everything.  But it is dual flush!

If you follow me on facebook, you saw a photo of my new tile floor.  I'm. Obsessed. I LOVE it.  It looks like marble, but it's actually porcelain.

For some reason, this tile allowed for a smaller grout line.  Not sure if it's because of the size of the tile or the type of tile - either way, I love it.  My brother-in-law is a tile genius.  I'm in love (with the tile, obviously. Weirdos).

This process would never be happening without my amazing family.  I just can't say "thank you" enough.


  1. I'm totally impressed with what you're doing to your house! Your work crew...they're the best!

    1. I completely agree Auntie Karen! I have the best crew!

  2. This is all so exciting! I love the bathroom floor. That's the type of tile I wanted in our basement bathroom (but Jon had other ideas... :)

    1. Hey, he's handy! You could always change his mind for him :) haha don't tell him I said that!

  3. LOVE that tile!! I definitely prefer rectangular tile (and a smaller grout line too!) Where did you get it?

    1. Hi Sarah! I'm glad you like it! I love how it turned out and I'm really excited to see it with the grout in. I got the tile at a local liquidators called Heeby's Surplus. It was a pretty good deal (for as much as I know about tile).