Monday, April 29, 2013

The Zoo with Cam and a Quick House Update

Before we get to the good stuff, here's a quick house update: The living room and hallway are finally painted and it looks amazing.  ALL of the wallpaper is gone.  Mom was at the house for two hours and magically, everything was organized.  She's so quick!  The neighbors helped me move over the first trailer full of stuff and Kelly even scrubbed my floors! Also, Dad and I mowed the lawn (that was rough - more on that later) and we bought all the materials for the board and batten in the bathroom.  Hurray for progress!

Now, on to the good stuff.



We've been wanting to take Cam to the zoo and the weather has been so nice lately that we couldn't wait any longer.



Seriously, I can't stand next to this kid and not tickle him.  His laugh is just too amazing.  I have to hear it all the time.



While we were walking around the zoo, Cam spotted something that Char and I had both missed.  We followed his directions and headed to what we thought was a playground.



Turns out there was a train ride in the middle of the zoo!  Cam made sure to point out that the red one was the caboose and that was the one he wanted to ride on.  For a boy who is obsessed with Thomas, this was a dream come true.



Char had to ride with him because he's so little - she looks pretty bummed about it.



They did several laps, so I traded off between taking photos with my Canon and then my iPhone.  I knew I had to send some to the fam.  I was proven right when, as I'm texting them pictures, Esther asked "Why am I not getting any pictures from the zoo?"  We are so patient in this family.



They had a blast and I had a blast watching them have a blast.



We hit up the monkey house and Cam loved it.  The monkeys are always moving and interesting - they never let you down.  It's hard for Cam to see some of the animals when they aren't moving because they blend into their surroundings.  He can always spot the monkeys.



He also liked this gorilla statue.  Cam has a great imagination.  He looked at this guy and asked "Can he move?"



Of course I told him to give the gorilla a hug.  Why wouldn't I?  What isn't cute about a 3 year old hugging a giant statue of a gorilla?




It still boggles my mind that these guys just get to walk around.  It's incredible to see them close up.  The feathers are truly amazing.  God is so creative.



The otters are my favorites.  I mean, tigers are my most favorite animals, but the otters are just entertaining.  They are always sliding and swimming and standing up at the glass.  It was very fun to watch them play!


We all loved it so much that we stuck around for awhile.




Cam was a champ and he lasted a really long time without a stroller or taking a break, but he was ready for some cuddling with his mama when the trip was over.

We had a great time.  Can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment