Friday, April 12, 2013

I See Green!

Wednesday night, we had a crazy storm.  It was windy and there was lighting and don't forget the thunder! When Charlie and I got home from another night working at the house, it was pouring down rain.  Holding my pup, I ran the ten steps from the car to the garage.  I was soaked.

Though the wind, lighting and thunder aren't my favorite things - the beauty of spring makes it all worth while.

I let Charlie out onto the deck to look for squirrels and noticed the new bugs on our favorite tree.  Side note - Charlie came within two feet of a squirrel that was running along the railing. She flipped out, started barking and chased the squirrel off the deck.  She was running so fast that she almost slammed into the railing.  Pretty hilarious to watch.

After watching Charlie flip out, I ran in to get my macro lens.  I wanted to grab a few photos before I left for work.  There was even a little rain left over from the night before.

I took my camera's life into my hands to get these photos.  Sans camera strap, I leaned far over the deck railing to get these photos.  Someone please convince me to start using a camera strap.  I know it is important and all, but it really just gets in my way.

One of my favorite things about this macro lens has been photographing water.  Look at that perfectly round drop on the top of this bud.  I mean seriously, how wonderful is that?  I love that God thought out his creation from top to bottom and didn't skip a thing.

When I look at nature and see the small details, I often think of one of my favorite hymns.  It's a simple song with such deep and unending truth.  

"This is my Father’s world, the birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white, declare their Maker’s praise."

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved that hymn and Jadon Lavik just got a new fan! Beautiful photos. Amazing the awesome details we miss in God's creation until we take time to look closer!