Friday, April 26, 2013

Home Update:

Exciting things are happing! 





My thermostat was replaced on Wednesday and the new one is so wonderful!  Goodbye gold and hello white! The best part is that I can set the temp for weekdays when I get up, when I leave for work, when I get home from work, when I go to bed and the same settings for the weekend.  It's great!



I found some fun accessories this week.  The two items with the chevron are from Target and the three drawer unit is from Michaels (I got it for 40% off!).  These are going to look great in my craft room.



Dad was at the house with me a few nights ago and we worked in our respective spaces on our respective projects.  There's really no room for two people to work in the same room at the same time.  While I worked on wallpaper, he worked on tearing down the tile in the bathroom.



This was my lovely wallpaper (I'm happy to report it's all gone now).  The side on the left that is darker is wet from the steamer.  Do you see the white part in the pattern?  I think it's meant to look like brush strokes.  Anyway, that was the thickest part of the paper and the toughest to get off - in short, I hated it.



Thankfully the wallpaper has been removed.  This is the view from the floor - where I was sitting - because I couldn't lift my arms - because I was tired - and hot - so tired of wallpaper - tired of steam - and I never wanted to get up.



I wish finishing this room was as easy as painting, but unfortunately there are a few steps between me and painting.



First step, cleaning up.  I've found it's easier to clean up all this trash when the paper is no longer wet.  Then I'll need to re-spackle places where the steamer peeled off the old stuff.  Next will be sanding, then cleaning the walls and then priming.  Lastly, final coats on the trim, ceiling and walls.



By the time I got home, Charlie and I were ready for some rest, relaxation and cuddling.  Yes, my Christmas stockings are still up.  I always manage to miss one Christmas decoration when packing.  This year, it was the stockings.  Once I realized I'd be moving in the near future, I just decided to leave them be.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (Name that song, Mom)

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I always forget one Christmas decoration too! Sadly, it's the same one every year. So a set of three little ceramic dogs in Santa hats hang out in my bathroom year round. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea! This comment had me laughing out loud! I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets decorations. I love that you leave out ceramic dogs with Santa hats on! If there was one decoration I would want left out - that would be it!! -Virginia

      Delete
  2. Things are really moving at your new house. You're making good progress! My back aches just thinking of all the wallpaper removal and painting you have already done.

    ReplyDelete