Monday, April 1, 2013

April Desktop Wallpaper

Fifteen days ago, I bought a house.  Since then, I have spent all of my time at that house painting and painting and painting.

Because of how busy life has been, I don't have any new photos for you or a desktop wallpaper with calendar.  Since there's nothing fresh, let's take a look back at some of my favorite wallpapers.



This photo is from one year ago.  I took this photo in my neighbors yard during my golf cart tour of the neighborhood.  It was a beautiful day and I wanted to photograph spring.  This is still one of my favorites.



This photo was taken on a tour of some very beautiful gardens.  A tour that I need to go on again.  The color of the plant with the color of the leaves are just beautiful.



This photo was from the same garden tour.  The depth and richness of color is the thing I love most about this.  I'm so ready for this warmth of color to return to our gorgeous earth.  Where is spring?  It's definitely not in eastern PA.


While I patiently wait for spring to arrive - while I patiently wait to be able to enjoy sitting in my backyard - I will continue to paint my house and get it ready for moving in.

I've finished two room!  Hurray!  The kitchen and the dining room are done.  It feels so amazing to have them finished.  The colors turned out perfectly and I'm very excited to rip the brown paper off the dining room floor to see it all together.

The kitchen will probably need some touch up after we add in the dishwasher.  Also, the space above the fridge needs to be cleaned because it. is. disgusting.  Because the gross factor is off the charts, it hasn't been painted yet.

I keep forgetting to take over cleaning supplies.  Believe it or not, I'm not kidding.  I keep forgetting!  The house is disgusting.  At first glance, it's fine, but when you get up close and personal with a baseboard things change.  There's dog hair all over the house and it's teamed up with spiders, dust bunnies, and people hair. It's disgusting and I often find myself gagging.

I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing at the imagery of you going around your house and finding cruddo and gagging! There's something about other peoples' dirt and can't blame you. So "suit up" in your hazardous waste outfit and before you know it, your house will be a non-gagging zone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April desktop wallpaper. Is it safe to assume you have a monthly routine of changing your wallpaper? I think that's something to look forward to every start of the month. :) Me? I change more often. You can possibly tell what I'm feeling for a particular length of time by my phone and desktop wallpapers. Thank goodness I'm not a 'throw-up moody!' :)

    ReplyDelete