Friday, March 15, 2013

Dear Friends,

I've been absent from this blog a lot lately, but it's for a good reason.  Though I must say, I'm always surprised to find how much I miss posting here when life gets crazy.

Just so you know, right before this video starts I asked Cam "How old are you going to be?"  The big guys has a birthday coming up, so that's why he's yelling "Three!" in the beginning.

Today at 10 am, I am signing the papers and walking out with the keys (and garage door opener) to my first home. I'm more than excited, I'm thrilled.  Buying a home is scary, but it's not as scary as I thought it would be.

It's so exciting to finally be done all of the paperwork and tasks and phone calls and emails.  Oh, that reminds me, I need to cancel my Geico insurance.  Don't let me forget!


Moving won't happen right away.  I don't think our family has ever been so busy, so there are some things that will need to wait.  Living at home gives me the freedom to move in slowly (but not too slowly) and really make sure I do it right.

The house needs a few coats of paint, but I want to do it right.  I need to clean the whole thing top to bottom (we all know how much I love cleaning) and I want to take my time picking paint colors.  I'm going to do my best to not be my impatient self and I'm going to put swatches on the wall to see how I like the color in the room.  The goal is to paint now and then not paint again for a few years, but that means I have to do it right the first time.

She was so close to my face that the camera couldn't focus on her.
I'm going to go back to work after the paper work is complete, but I know I'll be counting down the hours til the work day is over.  As soon as it's over, I'm going home, picking up the pup and taking her to her new house.  Once she takes a dump in the backyard, it will really feel like home.  Sorry for the TMI, but it's true!

And I can't wait to have my favorite little friends over for a visit.  Cam and I are already planning his first sleepover.

Thank you so much for all of your support and encouragement.  I really feel like I'm buying a house with an army of people standing behind me! It has made this whole process a lot less scary!

Also, if you're local - I know of the BEST realtor and the man that did my home inspection was wonderful.  I highly recommend them so email me if you want more info!  I haven't asked if I can share their info here, so I wont, but really - they were amazing and helpful and wonderful.  My realtor answered all of my questions without hesitation and he was always available if I needed anything.

Coming next week - pictures of my new abode.  I name everything I buy, everything and anything that I love, so I'll have to give my house a name.  That's a big deal, so it might take me awhile.  Is it weird to name a house?  Probably.  Am I going to do it anyway?  As my grandma would say, Ya you betcha!

Ginner and Charlie

1 comment:

  1. Well, by now you signed that paper and you own your own home. That video with Cam is so cute.