Thursday, January 24, 2013

Things for My Future Home

During our little outing to HomeGoods last weekend, I picked up a few storage items I had been wanting.   I'm always looking for nice ways to store items -  you can never have too many baskets/buckets/bins!

I found these metals bins in the baking aisle for $4 each.  If anyone other than me bought these bins, they would probably be used to make some very delicious banana bread.  But I don't bake, so they will become storage instead. They would look very nice on open shelving in my future craft room.

You might recognize these baskets because I already own two.  I got my first two at Target for $10 each.  Can you believe that they were $5 each at HomeGoods?  It's a great deal, but now I wish I would have gotten all of them at HomeGoods!   I am glad I spotted them because I love these baskets, but at $10 a piece, I could only get two.

I got this little lady at the thrift store for $1.  She is cute and tiny (about 5 inches tall).  I really liked the shape of this bottle and plan to display it in my hutch.

This milk glass bowl was a Goodwill find.  I love the shape of it, but mostly I bought it because it's milk glass.  It needs a good cleaning, but other than that it's in great shape.  I don't remember exactly, but I think it was $2 or $3 - either way it's a good deal.

This mini martini glasses were just calling my name.  Every once in a while I surprise myself and get something incredibly girly.  These scream girly to me and I love it.  I bought 8 of them - they will definitely make entertaining more exciting.

My last Goodwill purchase of the trip was this lemon juicer.  My mom makes the best lemonade around and I plan to use her recipe when I entertain - so this little guy will definitely be needed.

You might be wondering where I have be keeping all of the things I buy for my someday-house. Well that is a great question.  I'm slowly running out of space and storage bins.  My mom was very nice and came home from her last Walmart run with two bins for me to put all my junk in.  I've already fill one.

I have two cubbies in my living room and one large cubby by my bedroom.  The large cubby is full and the bins don't fit through the doors to the smaller cubbies.  So basically, I need a new plan.  Or I could just stop buying stuff.  Yeah, that won't happen.  I'm never going to be able to afford all this stuff later, so I have to stock up while I can.

Anybody have a spare garage/attic/storage unit they aren't using?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment