Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January Desktop Wallpaper

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  Have you already made your new year's resolutions?  I don't make resolutions (mostly because I can never keep them) but I do love a new year and a fresh start.




This winter season has been full of beautiful photo opportunities and I have tried to take full advantage of that.  We were lucky enough to have a White Christmas this year, so before the warming weather melted all the snow, I headed out for a quick photo shoot.  All of the photos for this month's calendar came from that little walk.



Getting up close and personal with water has been one of my favorite things about my macro lens.   It's just incredible how beautiful it can be.  Look at that perfectly round drop of water suspended in that plant.  Seriously, how awesome is that?

When I came inside after taking these photos, I put my camera on the server in the kitchen.  It was sort of close to the edge, but I couldn't get it any further in because it was so packed.  Through a series of unfortunate events, my camera fell off the server and hit the floor with a thud.

When I picked it up and started walking in to the living room, I heard glass rattling inside the lens.  Aside from this lens costing me a pretty penny, I was devastated that I might lose my favorite lens.  I wish I was lying when I say that I actually started to tear up as I removed the lens cap.  Yup, real tears were almost shed over my lens on Christmas Eve.



What a relief to see that the only thing that was broken was this $10 lens protector.   I wiped the almost shed tears from my eyes and started clearing the broken pieces away to see if there were any scratches on my lens.  I am ever so thankful that my macro lens wasn't harmed in anyway and is working just fine.  Man, that was a scary few minutes.  It was touch and go there for a second, but Oscar came out unscathed.

THANK YOU, Melissa, for telling me about lens protectors.

Ok, back to the wallpapers...


Click "read more" to see all design options and sizes.





Same ol' same ol':
1. You get the option of downloading the photo with or without the calendar.
2. There are two different sizes to choose from: 2560x1440 and 1920x1200.  

DIRECTIONS:
- Below you will find a small image of every wallpaper option
- Click on the image.
- The link will take you to my Picasa account.
- Select "Download photo" from the Download drop-down menu

That should give you a better image quality and allow you to download the wallpaper at the correct size.  Please let me know if you have any issues! 

A polite reminder: these photos are for personal use only. Thanks! 









































Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment