Thursday, January 3, 2013

Homemade Art

My Silhouette has a first name, it's C-a-m-e-o.  Hello, Gorgeous!  It's so nice to see you.   
Two Christmases ago, I received the Silhouette SD as a gift from my parents.  This Christmas, I got an upgrade - the Silhouette Cameo.  It does more and and is bigger than my old machine, so I was anxious to put it to use.Every good machine needs a name.  My first instinct was Margaret, but it was a little too formal, so I shortened it to Maggie.  It's cute and sweet and perfect.  Maggie will be dearly loved.

Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.  -Ralph Waldo Emerson
I used my Cameo to cut out the shapes in white vinyl.  Instead of using the letters to create the shape, I used the "shadow" to create a negative space design.

I liked it so much that I didnt it again with the other frame I had.  Not only do I get two wonderful pieces of art for my bedroom, I also don't have these frames taking up valuable storage space anymore.

Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my all time favorite verses that I go back to a lot when things are, well, uncertain/scary/not what I want.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (NIV)


They turned out really nicely and are a great, simple addition to my space.  Simple is very much my style.



Someday, they will be in a room that doesn't have gray paint and then they will look much nicer.  But this will do for now.


They also match the other art on that wall.  It's an ikea frame and some wrapping paper from Paper Source. It's so beautiful that it just didn't seem right to wrap it around a gift and let someone rip it - instead, I stuck it in a frame.  That whole thing (frame and art) cost me $15.  Ikea frames are so cheap its ridiculous - ridiculously amazing.

Productive weekends are always my favorite.

3 comments:

  1. those are great! i love that quote as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my English is not well, but I like it. Gerda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gerda! Thank you! I'm so glad you like it :)

      Delete