Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Charlotte's Gift

This Christmas I worked really hard to make handmade gifts.  One gift in particular turned out really well.



I made this ombre bracelet for Charlotte - actually, I made three of them.  I made her this ombre one and I also make her one with all navy blue bead and all white beads.  The ombre turned out to be her favorite (mine too).



The idea for the bracelet was found through Pinterest (of course) and the tutorial was actually pretty easy to follow.  This being the first jewelry I've ever made, I was surprised at how easy it was.

Thanks to a lot of help from the folks at Flower and Craft Warehouse, I walked out with all the materials I needed and they even gave me a few lessons on how to squish the crimp beads correctly.  Through some trial and error, I came away with some really nice bracelets.  I just realized that I should have taken a better picture so you could better see the whole thing, but alas, I did not.  Oh well, I get one later.

Adding new tools and supplies to my craft supplies is always very fun and adding jewelry tools was no exception.  I'll have to find some more excuses to make jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment