Monday, January 28, 2013

Asia here I come!

As you may know, my older sister, Esther, has been living in Asia for over a year now.  We've been planning my trip out there for some time and it's finally here!  

Here's the deal - I leave later this week for a three week stay in Asia.  Since I don't know most of the people that read this blog - I won't be going into specifics until after the trip.  But! I will be blogging during my trip (though it will be sporadic).  I'll have my trusty camera and laptop almost every where I go. 

I'm not much of a traveler. Staying at home is just fine with me. So I'm determined to push myself.  This trip is once in a lifetime and I'm determined not to waste it.

My goals:

I'm a pretty big scaredy cat when it comes to new experiences.  New foods?  No thanks, I like what I like. Go to a place where I don't speak the language? Um, and risk getting lost? No thanks. 

But like I said, this is different.  I'm really excited to try new foods and go new places and do things I've neve done before. 

Bonus - I get to do it all with Esther! She's the boss so what she says goes and what she makes me try I'll try.  

Now if I can just last through the 17 hour plane ride.

1 comment:

  1. If you end up at mainland Japan or Okinawa try CoCo's Curry House. It is truly amazing! Have a great time on your trip!