Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Did You Know...

that I LOVE tv.  I seriously love tv.  And I also love movies.  There are only a few shows that I'll watch over and over again, so I'm always looking for new shows and movies to watch.



Hulu Plus - best $8 I spend every month.  (All photos from Hulu.com)

Did you know that I follow 35 shows on Hulu?  35.  That's a lot.  Before writing this post, I went through my favorites to see if anything needed to be cleaned out.  After deleting the shows that had been canceled I went from 39 shows to 35 shows.

Because I love you, I'll share with you all the shows I follow - the good, the bad and the embarrassing..

30 Rock
Alcatraz (canceled)
America’s Next Top Model
Arrow
Beauty and the Beast
Ben and Kate
Body of Proof
Bones
Breakout Kings (canceled)
Bunheads
Burn Notice
Castle
Chicago Fire
Community
Design Star
Glee
Grimm
Hell’s Kitchen
Kitchen Nightmares
Nashville
New Girl
Project Runway
Raising Hope
Revenge
Revolution
Rookie Blue
Saving Hope (canceled)
Smash
So You Think You Can Dance
Spy
Suits
The Finder (canceled)
The Mindy Project
The Mob Doctor
The Office
The Voice
Up All Night
Vampire Diaries
White Collar


Welp, there you have it.  It's not as bad as it looks.  Lots of those shows only come on for a couple of weeks once a year (The Voice, Hells Kitchen) and they don't all have the same season.



Not gonna lie, there are some TV shows that I'm a little embarrassed that I watch.  Like The Vampire Diaries, for example.  This show is pretty bad.  Everyone in the cast is practically a model (a weird complaint, but is everyone in the world pretty? It's weird that everyone in the show is.), they make up new vampire/werewolves rules like every five minutes, and its basically a soap opera.  As terrible as it is, I find myself watching every week wondering if Elena is going to pick Stephan or Damon.  It's basically the poor mans version of Pride and Prejudice - no, I take that back, that's too high a compliment.



Shows like White Collar, Rookie Blue, and Suits don't start until January.  They have those really weird, short seasons where they have a mid-season finale and then start up again a few weeks later.  I don't understand it, but as long as Neal Caffrey keeps coming back, I don't care what they do.



I also have shows that I am dying to watch as soon as they get on Hulu.  I could watch Bones at 9pm on Mondays, but I never remember and I'm usually doing something else.  Plus, it's much better to watch it without all of the commercials.  Same with Castle, New Girl, and Raising Hope. 



Chicago Fire is my newest favorite.  I hope that a lot of other people are watching this show because I do not want them to cancel it.  Seriously.  No cancelling, NBC.  You seem to screw everything else up, so don't put your paws on this show.  It's fine just the way it is.

When I watch Hulu in the evenings, I'm usually working on something else.  Most of the shows I watch are perfect for background noise because you don't have to watch every second to know what's going on (like The Voice, Body of Proof, or Smash).  Yes, some shows are good for just listening...



But some shows are meant to be watched.  I think we all know how much I love Grimm, so I won't go into great detail about Nick's hair or sternocleidomastoid the brilliant story line.  Let's just say that I don't work on any projects when I watch Grimm. 

Here's the sad part - there are more shows that I want to follow, but don't because they aren't on Hulu (NCIS and How I Met Your Mother).  That would take me to 37.  If I could catch myself up to the current Modern Family season, that would bring me up to 38.  

So there you have it, my tv obsession confession.  Anybody else a tv fanatic? 

No comments:

Post a Comment