Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Preparations

Saturday was a very busy day for this pup and me.  Well, it was a busy day for me.  But, as you can see, Charlie was completely worn out by 8 pm.

I had one goal for Saturday - completely finish Christmas shopping.  I had a list of what I wanted to get for everyone, but didn't have everything yet.  By the end of the night, all of my Christmas presents were bought, planned, or on their way from Amazon.

Then on Sunday, I realized I had forgotten one. One present! Ah! I'm sure you know what it's like to even venture near a store during this week before Christmas.  I managed to get the last gift on Sunday and now I am done the shopping at least.

There's still a few gifts that I need to make, so I'm not officially done yet, but it's nice to be almost all the way there.  Esther is coming home on Thursday, so I'm determined to finish everything by then.

Here's a sneak peek of one of the Christmas presents I'm working on.  I can't show you the entire thing because then it wouldn't be a surprise, but I'm excited about it.

I always wonder about bloggers who post their projects before Christmas - they must have time to do two times the projects.  I mean, you can't show your Christmas presents on your blog before Christmas.  I wish I could though, I really like this one.

In other news - the weather is finally cold enough that I'm not wiping this dog's paws every time we come in the house.  I still give her feet a quick wipe, but it takes 3 seconds - instead of the five minutes I used to spend in the garage scrubbing her feet!  Amen.  Thank goodness for cold weather.

Dear family members who will be at our home over Christmas,
Good news!  Charlie is getting groomed on Wednesday!  She'll be all trimmed up and cleaned up in time for your visit.  She will smell wonderful and be super clean (until she goes out for the first time, anyway).  But, I'm not making any promises about her breath.
Love, Ginner

No comments:

Post a Comment