Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Another Big Mess

This closet.  This closet is a mess.  This closet is my nemesis.  I think everyone has a closet like this.  The catch-all closet that is constantly a mess.

In my old apartment, this hot mess was located in my living room.  Though the location has changed, the problem remains the same - it's a hot mess.


Cleaning it out in June was such an ordeal that I made a movie of it.



Since my closet has (once again) become a giant, unorganized mess, I decided to clean things up a bit.  This box started it all.  It looks like a lot of stuff in that box, but it's actually quite empty.  There was plenty of room for this stuff in the closet, but because the closet was really unorganized, it didn't fit.  So, I had to clean up.



Other than getting rid of a filing cabinet that I never use, only a small box of trash/unwanted things were taken out of the closet.



There are a lot of empty containers on the shelves.  On the bottom shelf, everything to the left of that brown basket (including the brown basket) is empty.  Is it weird that I keep empty containers around?  Maybe, but you never know when you'll need them.

Although cleaning and organizing is not fun, I always feel better when it's over.  Plus, I'm in there twice a day to feed the dog.  Opening the door to a clean and organized closet is so much nicer than opening the door to a messy, unorganized closet.

Bonus - Charlie can easily get to the pieces of kibble that I drop every time I feed her, instead of having to lay in the closet whining and waiting for me.  That alone makes it all worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Lookin good, Ginner. It must run in the family because I reorganize my closets frequently and also keep empty boxes in them "just in case" I need one. You think you have lots of "stuff" to clean up in the closet...wait until you have your house and get a garage!

    ReplyDelete