Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Washi Tape Tags

I don't know about you, but washi tape is my new favorite thing.  It's pretty darn awesome and comes in so many different colors and patterns!  I've had mine in a drawer in my desk, but I thought it would be nice to have it out since I've been using it so much.



As I was sitting at my desk brainstorming a way to hang it up, I looked at my shelf and got an idea.  It was so simple that I was surprised I hadn't seen it before.  So, I walked out to my Dad's shop, found a dowel rod that looks like the right size and voila! Seriously, easiest project I've ever done.



I added a little washi tape to the ends to make them look a little cleaner, put the washi tape on and it was done.  I say again, easiest project I've ever done.



Whenever I do a little organizing, it always sparks some new ideas.  Adding washi tape to these tags gave them a nice look without being over the top.



Ok, I might have gone overboard with this one, but the pattern and metallic gold on this tape is just too awesome.



It was a fun and simple project that added a bit of fun to my desk.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! As I started reading your post, I thought maybe you were going to put the washi tape on the edges of your shelf... don't know if it's the right size or not, but it might work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea Sandy! I might have to give that a try! -Virginia

      Delete
  2. Great idea! Where did you get your little desk shelf from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kylie! I got the desk shelf at Ikea! It was a great and cheap upgrade!

      Delete