Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Macro

Who knew that taking the dog out could land me some great photos?  I sure didn't.  On Thanksgiving morning, I was taking Charlie out for her morning you-know-what and I noticed the frost.  When I had the brilliant idea to take some photos, I ran inside, grabbed a blanket, ran upstairs, grabbed my camera, and ran back outside.

The sun was up and it was a mad dash to photograph the frost before it melted since it was turning out to be a very warm day for November.  

Now this isn't the first time I've ever seen frost.  It's just the first time that I've ever had time to photograph it with my macro lens.  Seriously, how amazing is that?  What's incredible is that I couldn't see it unless I was looking through my lens.  

Photos like this really remind me of how amazing the Lord is.  The beauty and detail put into this seemingly insignificant thing is truly amazing. 

Later in the day I headed out to the front yard to take some photos of a plant we have out there.  I have no idea what it is.  I just know that it's pretty cool looking.  

I loved the way the light was hitting this plant and highlighting all the little hair thingies.  Hmm...maybe it's time to start learning about plant anatomy (ok, maybe not).  I don't have to know what it's called to appreciate it's beauty, right? 

I took a lot more photos that day (424 to be exact), so there are lots more to show you.  I'm loving these front photos so much that I'm already working on designs for the December desktop wallpapers - so I'm going to keep my favorites to be a surprise.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment