Thursday, November 8, 2012

Stoked!

Hello November, nice to see you again.  Can you please move quickly so we can get to the best holiday ever?  That would be great, thanks.

Thanksgiving is a perfect transition to Christmas.  We get the two best holidays of the year within one month of each other.  It's festive and fun and just plain awesome.

Over the weekend, my mom and I took a trip to the Flower and Craft Warehouse.  The store is huge with a lot of different sections to suit all of your crafting needs.  I'm trying to get my Christmas shopping done early since work will be very busy during the next few months.  I went to the store looking for some materials for an upcoming project and, of course, found some amazing things I didn't know I needed.



First was this baker's twine.  I've been looking for this twine in gray for a long time.  I haven't found the color I want, but the small size of these make them perfect for Christmas.  I don't often use red, so I'm glad I was able to buy a small amount of it.



The Flower and Craft Warehouse has a very big fake-flower section.  Now, while I'm not a big fan of fake flowers, this really caught my eye.  This will look perfect in my white tree since my ornaments are very bright and colorful this year.



Since I got blue, I just had to get purple and green.  I plan on cutting this "branch" apart and using the clumps individually around the tree.  There was even a white tree there for me to test it out on.  It's going to look awesome and I'm so stoked to get started!



Neon is my new favorite thing, but I'm never quite sure how to use it in my space.  I try to be careful with it because I don't want to overdo it.  These neon ornaments are perfect little touches of bright and fun colors.  The store also had ball ornaments in every neon color imaginable.  I had a hard time calming myself down, they were so awesome, but they were a little too much and I had to walk away.



These white ornaments are my favorite purchase of the day.  You don't often find ornaments that aren't shiny, but the store had them in every color.  I finally settled on white.  They won't stay white forever, though.  I have some ideas on how to use these babies as gifts, but I'll share that with you later.



Strangely enough, moose are a family favorite.  My aunts have lived in Alaska off and on for many years.  But this guy isn't really my style, so he'll be getting spray painted - which means I finally get to add "neon spray paint" to my shopping list.



I also found this shiny new tree to add to my collection.  Seriously, is it December yet?  I don't think I can wait much longer.  



These were my most involved purchase of the day.  With some wonderful help from the staff, I managed to walk away with everything I need for some Christmas presents.  They even took the time to show me how to do the things I was unsure of.  It was so helpful!  

I can't tell you what these will be used for, but I can tell you I'm excited to get started! 

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

2 comments:

  1. I love the moose. It was always fun to have a moose wander into the yard. The year your mom came up to visit she said she wanted to see a moose and Northern Lights. One day a moose walked up to our large picture window and began eating the dead flowers in my flower box right outside that window. I was afraid his rack would hit the window he was that close. We stood right by the window and watched him eat. And one night we had one of the most spectacular display of Northern Lights I had ever seen. She got her wishes! So that moose brought back a bunch of fun memories. Over and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your purchases...the beads are intriguing. There's quite a few etsy stores with grey & white bakers twine, if that is what you're after. http://www.etsy.com/shop/PaperCottonLove

    The little tree is sweet...your auntie tells the best stories. Moose! :)

    ReplyDelete