Friday, November 9, 2012

Applesauce Day 2012

These photos have been sitting on my computer for almost a month, waiting to get posted.  Well, good news applesauce photos, your big debut has arrived.

This was Hannah's first applesauce day - which makes it a very special event.  She didn't get to help make the applesauce or try any applesauce, but it was still special nonetheless.



Cam was more involved than ever this year.



The older kids were all too happy to help him get the right amount of apples.



This is when I gave Lukey the camera, so all captions from here on out will be my guess as to what was going on in his head.



 Our very dear neighbors do not have good taste in football teams.  But, since this is Lukey's picture, I'm sure the caption would read "STEELERS RULE...



EAGLES DROOL!"  Esther would beg to differ.



There's always a point in the day when we hit a lull and there is nothing to be done.  That's when Kelly started grading papers.



And Tommy started getting a little weird.



Charlie is an innocent bystander in the days events.  She just trolls around looking for dropped bits of apple.




Getting this big family to take a good picture is pretty impossible.  Check out Tommy in the first picture and Cam in the second.  What hams.



But eventually, after all the horsing around, teasing, and joking the applesauce gets made and everyone chows down on pizza (since we are too tired to make anything for dinner).



I remember when this kids was born.  He hasn't changed much - he gave me that look when he was little too.

You can read about our other Applesauce Day adventures here (2008), here (2010) and here (2011).


1 comment:

  1. How many years have you guys been having Applesauce Day? It would be so neat if you could gather up pictures from every Applesauce Day and watch everyone grow up and some grow old (he he). What a fun tradition and wish I liked applesauce. However, I have to admit that I did have some of your applesauce when at your house last time and it was the best I've ever had. I could become a convert.

    ReplyDelete