Friday, October 12, 2012

Some Good Ol' Fashion Fun

Esther and I had a very exciting Thursday last week.  We took our favorite nephew to the Please Touch Museum - or as Cam calls it, "The Touch You Museum."



It may have been the best thing we have ever done with him.  And the fact that he was wearing overalls just made everything even cuter.



This place had everything.  At first, Cam was very shy and made sure to ask permission before touching anything.  He's such a sweet little guy.



One of the weirdest things is that everything was soft.  I mean, EVERYTHING.  It was weird.  I'd never felt anything like it.  It's hard to describe, but it was weird.



By the end of the trip, he was running all over and we were running to keep up!  Esther probably told him "Cam, we can do whatever you want. You decide where we go." about 10 times.



Once he figured it out, he was off and running!



He even got to shoot a canon!  See that red thing flying through the air?  Yup, Cam did that.



Esther even showed off her muscles!  This tiny gym was one of the many rooms they have in the Please Touch Museum.  They had so many rooms that I can't even name them all.



Now, I've never been a fan of Alice in Wonderland (it still creeps me out), but the play area was really cool.



He ran to that door, knocked, and said "hello!" - then he proceeded to knock on all of the other doors.  No one answered.



The mini grocery store was my favorite part.  I learned something about Cam that I didn't know before - he likes to throw his groceries into the cart.  Hmm...let's hope he grows out of that.



Aw! He's going to for the cheese!  He's a man after my own heart.  I'm pretty sure he would have taken everything off of the shelves if we had let him.  He was having fun loading that cart!



Last but not least, the carousel.  This was really fun.  Cam was loving it.  He loved that his horse went up and down.



And just in case you are wondering, his horse was named Bullseye.

For those of you that aren't bored with Cameron photos, below I've posted all the photos I took with my phone.




Headed to the museum

riding an elephant

driving a car

fixing a scion and pushing all the buttons (thats his head
at the steering wheel)

driving a septa bus and honking the horn

operating a crane

going to space

giving Esther a checkup

Enjoying a snack with Percy in the train room

doing a puzzle - this kid loves puzzle and did every one he saw

lunch with the mad hatter

driving a real scooter

putting the clothes out to dry

making the water wheel move

eating lunch 

passed out with his souvenir buddy, Ferdinand.

If you've made it to the end of this post - Congratulations!  You just won a hug!  Go now and redeem your hug from the nearest person.  I'd hug you, but I'm not a big hugger.

1 comment:

  1. What a great place for kids (and aunties)!!! Creating happy and special memories with people we love is never a waste of time. I love the final photo...Cam asleep after a wonderful day with two of his favorite people.

    ReplyDelete