Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October Desktop Wallpapers

Finally! Here they are!  This month's desktop wallpapers are all ready to go.  Oscar is the big star this month -

This last one is my favorite.  Which one is your favorite?

A photo heavy post deserves a jump - you'll find all your calendar options by clicking "read more" below - 

Same ol' same ol':
1. You get the option of downloading the photo with or without the calendar. 
2. There are two different sizes to choose from: widescreen or average.  

A polite reminder: these photos are for personal use only. Thanks! 

Directions (pay attention Mom):
If you'd like to use one of these images:
-click on the image to enlarge it (otherwise, you'll get a very pixilated, low-quality photo - like my mom always does)
-right click
-save image as
-good to go 

I'll be around to check you're work later, Mom.  :)


  1. I like the one with the black background...I didn't even see the bug until I clicked on it and enlarged the calendar. Amazing what you take time to look closely at things!!!

  2. My last sentence was supposed to be - amazing what you see when you take time to look closely at things! (Obviously I need to proof read my comments before I click post!)

  3. Hi, I found you through pinterest last month... and keep coming back to stare at your desktop wallpapers. They're beautiful! I picked one last month and came back today for another. Thank you!

    1. Thanks Jess! i'm so glad you like them! And thanks for stopping by! -Virginia

  4. It's a toss up between the first and the last one for me. They're all pretty gorgeous...what fonts are you using in these calendars if you don't mind me asking?

  5. I just discovered that your large image is too small for my work screen (2560x1600)... :(
    It comes up a bit fuzzy. I'll have to stick to my home screen.

    1. Hi Kylie! Its nice to hear from you again! I actually run into the same problem with my desktop. I'm starting to think my camera doesn't take pictures that are big enough, because I have it set to Large/Raw files. Bummer. Hmm...good excuse to look for a new camera :)

      Also, the fonts I used this month were Lavanderia and Quaver Sans (both from Lost Type Co). Thanks for stopping by! -Virginia