Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Home Sweet USA

Hello!

My week in England was wonderful and crazy and exciting and chaotic and awesome and tiring.  As you can probably tell, my head is sort of in a shambles.  I didn't really have the opportunity to pick up my camera and spend time taking photos - so here is my week in iPhone photos (also in a shambles and a little out of order).


This is our hotel room in Lichfield at St. John's House.  Bethany and I stayed here for four nights and we loved every minute.   The owners are incredibly kind and caring.


the streets of Lichfield


This is the tub/shower that was in our room.  Umm...does it get any better than this?  It was awesome.



The architecture in England is really beautiful.  I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to enjoy it and really look at it, but there were moment in every day when I got to just stare.  It's really beautiful.



I'm a simple girl.  I like simple foods.  Ok, basically I'm a picky eater.  I'm 27, by this time I know what I do and don't like, so I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food.  Indian food was really out of my comfort zone, but I tried it anyway.  I wasn't a big fan, but at least I tried it, right?



You can call me immature or tell me to get my mind out of the gutter - but that's just funny right there.  



One of the best things about this trip was the people we got to meet and spend time with.  We worked with a lot of people on our UK team and they were absolutely fantastic.  I want to go back just to spend time with them.  Actually, I need to go back just so they can continue to explain what "cheeky" means.  I still don't get it - they use it in so many ways that it doesn't really make sense and their explanations just weren't working.




Does this walkway outside of my hotel room in the Cotswolds remind anyone else of Mario Kart?  No...take another look...



Ok, it's not the same - but it was the first thing I thought about when I walked out the door.  Both in the game and the hotel room, the walkway was above water.  It was dark and foggy when we got there, so they looked very similar.




This photo is from our day in London.  What a great way to use umbrellas.  Hmm...I think I need to find a place to buy lots of umbrellas because I want to do this.



This was the view from our room in London.  Good morning Big Ben!  Good morning London Eye!  Good morning random castle.



I even came home with a pair of wellies.



We spent one morning in Oxford and I really wish we could have been there longer.  Of all the places we went, I would have liked to spend more time there.  It was beautiful and full of so much history.



 Everywhere we looked there was something so amazing and rich in history.  Ah!  When can I go back?



And it is all just so clean.  Everything is so clean!   



We didn't have time to do any shopping, so I had to pick up some souvenirs in the airport.  I didn't think Cam would care where I got this Lego key chain as long as he got to keep it - I was right.



I've never been so happy to see the sun.  The sun doesn't visit the UK, so we were feeling a little low on vitamin D.



 These wonderful little kids were at the house the morning after I got home.  It was wonderful to see them and give them lots of kisses! Cam was really liking his Lego markers (also from the airport mall).



His Lego key chain even had a little surfing adventure on his police car from "Ing-ga-land".

I'm actually not having a very hard time getting back on schedule.  I slept for 12 hours the first night I was home.  I felt a little tired during the day and I'm feeling tired now, but I was able to function and get some work done without feeling completely exhausted.

My room is an absolute mess.  My brain is a little fuddled.  I have so many thing I know I need to get done, but I don't remember what any of them are, but Charlie and I have gotten some quality bonding time so I'm feeling a little normal.  For now, I'm putting off doing laundry and cleaning my room.  Instead, I'll be spending the night on the couch because I know I will not be able to sleep in that mess.  Despite all of the things I need to catch up on or do...

It is surely wonderful to be home.  

1 comment:

  1. Great post Ginner. First pictures I've seen of Hannah since her birthday! Is it just me or does she look a lot like Cam?

    Lowell's cousin from Australia uses the word cheeky too. I figured it meant you're kinda "forward" if you're cheeky or you tell-it-like-it-is,honest, don't hold back your opinions? Guess I don't know what it means either.

    ReplyDelete