Friday, September 7, 2012

Ideas are happening!

Last weekend, I ordered something I never thought I would.  Several months ago, I saw someone use this mystery item in a really cute way.  I forgot about it for a long time and then last weekend it popped into my mind again.  So, I headed to amazon.com to see if I could find some for myself.



I ordered myself some shrinky dinks!  Oh yes.  Shrinky dinks are the new chevron.  Ok, maybe not - but I'm excited to use them!  After my spur-of-the-moment amazon purchase, I headed to Pinterest to get some ideas (of course).




Michelle from Rust and Sunshine, made a bracelet and necklace by shrinking the plastic from take-out boxes.   I love the sharpie on the clear plastic.




Jessica from How About Orange used shrinky sheets to make keychains.  She has shrinky sheets you can print on.  I'm not sure if I can do that with mine, but I'll definitely look into it.


Idea #1: team up with Cameron to make a keychain.  What I'd like to do is put a sheet in front of him, give him a few sharpies, and let him have at it.  Once he's done coloring, I'll cut out a few keychain shapes and shrink them.  That way I can take a little bit of his art with me everywhere I go.

Idea #2: Custom dog tag.  Martha Stewart used shrinky dinks to create dog tags that you can customize.  She had a printable that I could use - but I'd rather make my own.

Idea #3: Verse keychain.  This would take some experimenting, since letters could all run together, but it would be fun.

Idea #4: Dog footprint.  I'd love to take Charlie's little paw, dip it in paint, stamp it, shrink it, and put it on my keys.

My weekend is wide open, we'll just have to wait and see what happens!

1 comment:

  1. If you run out of shrinky dink paper or whatever it is: we did this at a summer camp with clear plastic dessert plates

    ReplyDelete