Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Birthday


"For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16

I miss my brother.  I wish that he could have gotten to experience so many things he did not - love, marriage, fatherhood.  But I take comfort in the words of Psalm 139:16.  God planned the days of Zack's life before one came to be.  Zack didn't miss anything.  He did exactly what he was supposed to do and he had the exact number of days he was supposed to have.  God's plan is bigger than me and my wants.  I want my bother home, I want him here.  God had bigger plans for Zack's life.  His story still touched people today and I am so thankful for that and for all the people that remember him.

I am thankful that I had the privilege of knowing this amazing man.  I miss Zack, but I have a lot of wonderful memories of this smart, athletic, funny, good natured, stubborn, driven, passionate brother.  He may have driven me crazy sometimes (ok, most of the time), but he was a really good brother.




Happy Birthday, Zack.  You would have been 29 today. I am thankful that God planned each day and that he didn't take you "too early."  You went to be with Him at the exact moment that was planned.  See you soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I just want to give you a big hug! Your words are so beautiful and calming and Zack is smiling at you and as he blows out his birthday candles today he's creating a wish just for you! I lost my brothers and wrote about it on my blog here

    http://mommyspinkielipgloss.blogspot.com/2012/03/flinging-into-fabulousgrieving.html

    Your words are beautiful and touch home thank you, now I know I'm not alone. love and hugs! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle,
      Thank you for your sweet comment. I'm so sorry that you lost your brothers. I know what you're going through! There is hope in God's word and it's nice to know we can always turn to Him! -Virginia

      Delete
  2. Lowell and I had a laughing session with Zack we'll never forget...just one of our good memories of Zack and I'm so thankful for good memories. He is loved and missed.

    ReplyDelete