Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Embroidery Inspiration

After church on Sunday, I had an itch to do a project.  I didn't want it to be anything too involved, because I also had an itch to watch The Matrix ("My name is Neo.").  Embroidery is the perfect project for movie watching.

I haven't done any embroidery since January.  It was something I used a lot when I was working on creating the ornaments for my Christmas tree.

You can read the posts I wrote about my embroidery projects right here.  Whenever I get back into an old hobby, I always looks for new projects and inspiration.


This post is something I came across via pinterst.  I love the raised 3D look of the stitch.  This would look very cool when stiching someone's name.  This is definitely something I need to try.



Miniature Rhino offers custom embroidery in her Etsy shop.  They would make great wedding gifts and decor.  I love the beautiful simplicity of this.   Her stitches are simple, but wonderfully done.  I love this!



Sarah's Hand Embroidery Tutorials is an excellent site for learning about the different kinds of stitches.  She has a picture library where you can see each stitch she teaches about and then click to a post devoted to that stitch.   

The danger with embroidery is to do something that is too old fashioned.  At least, I think that's a danger.  Embroidery can be very modern and lovely - the challenge is to use the right colors and pattern in the right way.  I can't wait to find new projects to do using embroidery.  Any requests?

Also, just a heads up - there will be no post tomorrow.  When I lived far from my family, I had plenty of time on nights and weekends to plan ahead and post in advance.  Yeah, not so much anymore.  My new blogging routine is to blog the night before the post goes up.  It's not my favorite routine, but I'm working on it.  Anyway, that's the long way to say that I am not going to have time to post tonight.  Today is a very busy day - work during the day, going to a hockey game, playing with Cameron, and then going to the women's social at my church.  Then I collapse into bed after reading my book for Bible study (yes, I'm one of those people that does the homework the night before).   

Hmm...this might also be a good time to let you know that posting might be sporadic during the next few weeks. So many amazing things are happening.  Esther is coming home next week and will only be home for one week! Eek!  So we'll definitely be packing in the plans.  Charlotte's due date is also next week and baby #2 (who hopefully will arrive while Esther is home) will definitely be stealing all of my attention. Like I said, so many things are happening and I can't wait! 

1 comment:

  1. You gotta give yourself some time-off while Esther is home and a new family member is being born! Enjoy this special family time.

    ReplyDelete